Sales Director Asia Pasific Region
Who is Saft?
Saft is specialized in advanced technology battery solutions for industry, from design and development to production. For 100 years, Saft’s longer-lasting batteries and systems have provided critical safety applications, back-up power and propulsion for our customers. Our innovative, safe and reliable technology delivers high performance on land, at sea, in the air and in space. Saft is powering industry and smarter cities, while providing critical back-up functionality in remote and harsh environments from the Arctic Circle to the Sahara Desert. Saft is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TotalEnergies, a leading international oil and gas company and a major player in low-carbon energies.
We are recruiting its Sales Director for the Asia Pacific region. He/she will be responsible for attaining sales objectives of the company in the Asia Pacific area, managing the direct sales of the organization’s products & services, from market analyses to contract closing he/she will manage a multiskills team with technical expertises (commercial, bids, application). He/she will be also in charge of developing strategic sales plans based on the company goals to promote sales growth and customers satisfaction.
The Sales Director for the Asia Pacific region will report to the Asia Pacific regional GM. This position is based in Seven Hills.
- Define and implement a commercial strategy to develop & grow the business in a sustainable way: Go to Market/Customer Mapping, Competition analysis, Actions plan
- Drive the commercial team to ensure the identification of new opportunities throughout the range of applications targeted (Leads /New-Existing Customers approach, opportunities nurturing, global partnership…)
- Build and maintain strong & long-lasting relationship with customers at executive level
- Anticipate trends in the market (Regulatory aspects, Market Opening, applications change, …)
- Coordinate the offer (Both technical & Commercial) with the Bid Manager & the application Engineers by providing the winning strategy (Customer needs, Competition, Financing, target price, differentiating factors, Projects risks, …) Drive bidding and tendering process
- Continuously improve the Bidding process by deploying additional procedures/Guidelines to support the Sales Teams
- Support the commercial team in the negotiation with the customers: Terms & Conditions, Cash milestones, Penalties, Guarantee, …
- Be accountable for the Order/Margin Budget and provide plan (Concrete & actionable actions) to meet/exceed targets
- Coordinate efforts to introduce and communicate new solutions to market
Provide timely reporting and inputs: Tracking sales activities in the CRM, order forecasts,
- Compliance of suppliers with Saft’s FPP and CSR (corporate social responsibility) initiatives: Human rights, climate…
- Master’s in engineering
- Knowledge and experience in renewable energies
- 10 - 15 years minimum in Sales on technical products & solutions (complex solutions / turnkey projects' selling process) with utilities, IPPs, Developers, Financials or industrial
Are you interested?
Please send your application to the following email address:
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and enthusiasm to join our team, please apply using this form.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saft.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more