Sales Manager UK, Ireland and Nordics
Who is Saft?
Saft is specialized in advanced technology battery solutions for industry, from design and development to production. For 100 years, Saft’s longer-lasting batteries and systems have provided critical safety applications, back-up power and propulsion for our customers. Our innovative, safe and reliable technology delivers high performance on land, at sea, in the air and in space. Saft is powering industry and smarter cities, while providing critical back-up functionality in remote and harsh environments from the Arctic Circle to the Sahara Desert. Saft is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TotalEnergies, a leading international oil and gas company and a major player in low-carbon energies.
- Anticipate trends in the market (regulatory aspects, market opening, applications change…)
- Build & Maintain strong & long-lasting relationship with customers at all level (engineering / purchasing / c-suite...)
- Define & implement a commercial strategy to develop & grow the business in a sustainable way in the area: Go to Market/Customer Mapping (IPP/EPC/Financial/TSO-DSO…) / competition analysis, actions plan…
- Identify new opportunities (ACTIVE Business development approach) throughout the range of applications targeted (Leads /New-Existing Customers approach, opportunities nurturing, global partnership…)
- Apply the ESS process
- Lead the negotiation with the customers with Legal support: T&Cs, guarantee, terms of payment…
- Provide winning strategy inputs for the bid & application engineer (customer needs, competition, financing, target price, differentiating factors, projects risks...) and support the offer preparation
- Be accountable for the Order/Margin Budget and provide plan (concrete & actionable actions) to meet / exceed targets
- Provide timely reporting and inputs: tracking sales activities in the CRM, order forecasts…
- Coordinate efforts to introduce and communicate new solutions to your market (seminar / exhibitions)
- Master’s in engineering
- 5-10 years in sales & marketing of technical products & solutions (complex solutions / turnkey projects' selling process) with utilities, IPPs, Developers, Financials or industrial
- Advanced knowledge of Grid and Renewable Energy (Markets, Challenges, Constraints, Regulation) – Energy Storage/PCS/ Energy Market (Capacity/Ancillary/Merchant) is a plus
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment: Hands-on mind-set, high energy, Opportunities hunter
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Be proactive: bring new ideas, initiatives
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
Able to travel 30-50% of the time
Are you interested?
Please send your application to the following email address:
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and enthusiasm to join our team, please apply using this form.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saft.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more