Batteries solutions for Pick To Light Systems: FasThink case study
Saft Batteries pick FasThink Pick To Light touchless systems’ lifetime
Saft LS 17500 – A compact Lithium-Thionyl chloride (Li-SOCl2) battery solution, a potent operating life expectation.
Key benefits for FasThink
- A 3.6V non-rechargeable lithium thionyl chloride battery that offers long operational life, storage life, and reliability in a compact size.
- A fully autonomous solution for up to 4 years.
- Leading-edge battery technology combined with stainless steel battery end caps to ensure enhanced resistance to oxidization, even in humid environments.
- Fast, cheap and easy installation of the equipment: no cabling or complex electronics required.
Features of Saft’s power solutions
- A cell that offers an impressively low self-discharge rate, for extended shelf and operating life up to 20 years.
- Stable and reliable battery performances, even in humid conditions, with no maintenance required.
- A cell that features the highest quality components and materials to protect it from oxidization.
With Saft’s batteries, we have finally found the unswerving and long life solution that we were looking for to ensure our device’s operating reliability. The batteries play a pivotal role in the success of our solution.Matteo Scola - Operation Manager, FasThink srl
The challenge for FasThink: Facilitating the picking process in material handling thanks to a compact, wireless, touchless Pick to Light system.
Pick To Light systems are widely used in the preparation of production kits in the automotive, e-Commerce and manufacturing sectors. The system guides the operator, by means of a light signal, to the locations from which to pick the material in a picking process.
Wired Pick To Light systems have been available for a while but their fitting can be arduous, as each button must be wired via a bus for data communication and power supply. FastThink has made applications more flexible and easier to manage for the user thanks to a new wireless and touchless system: P2Light Touchless.
The P2Light system offers significant advantages: It is simple to integrate and to install. A touchless innovation allows the operator to retrieve material and simultaneously validate picking without touching the pushbutton panel. The Connect Orchestrator application allows the association between the product-location-button and enables data exchange with the management system. It also monitors the system and the battery life in real time through a diagnostic application. FasThink needed to be far-sighted with their choice of battery solution. For the solution to be really sustainable, it had to be compact enough to fit the device whilst also offering a long lifetime. In addition, it needed to be robust and reliable since warehouses are often humid and batteries can be subject to oxidization…
The solution: Saft LS Li-SOCl2 primary lithium batteries
FasThink trialed several solutions but finally arrived upon Saft’s LS 17500 primary lithium battery solution, a reliable and compact —A size— cell with a remarkably low self-discharge rate and a long operating life. A high operating voltage, high pulse capability and a high energy density makes Saft’s LS cells particularly suited for low power applications that require shallow continuous pulsed currents. Stainless steel battery end caps and a leading edge battery technology ensure an enhanced resistance to oxidization, even in humid environments. And finally, LS cells can be used in a broad range of temperatures, which is perfect for a solution that can be deployed in any kind of warehouse solution, anywhere in the world.
Fort Washington, Maryland
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center