Battery solutions for fire detectors & alarms: Eurofyre case study
Ensuring security thanks to innovative wireless fire detection and alarm equipment.
A complete peace of mind thanks to Li-SOCl2 primary lithium battery technology.
Key benefits for Eurofyre
- Reliable solution for complete security of a critical fire detection application
- Minimal disruption and quick installation as no need for a cabled power system
- High operating voltage, stable over the specified application lifetime
Features of Saft’s power solution
- 30-year track record in Li-SOCl2 primary lithium battery technology
- Batteries providing up to three years of reliable autonomous power
- A secure technology that allowed Eurofyre’s devices to obtain the European Standard EN-54 part 25, mandatory for fire detection and alarm equipment
Their reliability combined with Saft’s high quality service and 30-year track record in Li-SOCl2 primary lithium battery technology made it the obvious choice. Dependable batteries from a reputable brand enables our products to comply with European Standard EN-54 part 25.Jon Redfearn Managing Director of Eurofyre
What is the challenge for Eurofyre? Supplying a range of wireless detectors and alarms with a highly reliable autonomous power.
When it comes to security, there can’t be any compromise. You have to be able to rely completely on your equipment. For Eurofyre, a global provider of specialist fire detection and safety products, the efficiency of their wireless fire detection and alarm equipment depended on the choice of a trustworthy battery solution.
To meet the demands of today’s fire alarm and life safety requirements, they created Wi-Fyre, a unique, flexible, cost-effective, and non-invasive wireless system, universally compatible with new or existing installations. The wireless devices co-exist seamlessly with hard-wired fire alarm systems, regardless of the type, age or technology of the existing system, creating a hybrid system topology. Batteries are a critical component of the technology. They have to be compact whilst offering long life and high reliability.
Lives are at stake!
The solution: Saft LS Li-SOCl2 primary lithium batteries.
After a thorough technical review, Eurofyre chose Saft as its sole supplier of primary lithium batteries. Saft’s LS 14500 (AA format) and LS 26500 (C format) Li-SOCl2 primary lithium batteries feature a high operating voltage, are stable over the specified application lifetime (3 years in this case), and offer some of the highest nominal capacities on the market.