Ion-OnBoard® Regen, the Li-ion regenerative hybrid traction battery system
Saft Ion-OnBoard® Regen Li-ion battery system: driving energy efficiency
Today’s transport must be quieter and more efficient than ever to meet environmental standards and guidelines. New energy-efficient technology such as regenerative hybrid traction is helping make the industry even more sustainable and economically competitive.
The new modular Li-ion Ion-OnBoard® regenerative hybrid traction battery system means rail operators can capture, store and reuse rolling stock braking energy for traction – resulting in improved energy efficiency, reduced costs and a lower environmental impact.
Ion-OnBoard® Regen systems are modular to fit a multitude of rolling stock including: light-rail systems such as trams, streetcars and tram-trains; electric-powered trains including Electric Multiple Units (EMUs); diesel hybrid, diesel shunting and freight locomotives, DMUs and Automated People Movers (APMs).
Features & Benefits
- Stores kinetic braking energy (regenerative braking) to be reused for autonomous traction
- Reduced energy consumption, infrastructure costs and maintenance requirements
- Increased sustainable mobility
- Reduced fossil fuel consumption, engine noise and particulate emissions
- Increased aesthetic appeal, ideal historic city centers
- Based on Modul’ion® 12 Li-on battery modules
- Provides high power and energy density
- Lightweight and compact system designed for ease-of-integration and installation
- Flexible, scalable approach to configure the ideal battery system in terms of voltage, dynamic cycling, energy and power characteristics
- Fully integrated solution with Saft’s maintenance free Li-ion technology to optimize performance while ensuring safety and reliability over a long service life
Ion-Onboard® Regen Li-ion Battery System product brochureProduct brochure
Ion-OnBoard® Regen 515 - 218 product datasheetProduct datasheet
Ion-OnBoard® Regen 792 - 238 product datasheetProduct datasheet
BIS for lithium-ion cells, modules and battery systems 2Battery Information Sheet (BIS)
Battery Information Sheet Li-ionBattery Information Sheet (BIS) Download (Portuguese)
To ensure we can respond as efficiently as possible. Please complete this form which will be delivered to our team of experts, who will help you with your enquiry.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saft.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more