MRX, delivering high-energy and power performance
Delivering high-energy and power performance
MRX on-board compact, lightweight and adaptable batteries provide a reliable, always-available source of high energy and power to ensure: passenger safety (on-board signaling, security lighting, door control and communication networks); passenger comfort (ventilation, air-conditioning, lighting, Wi-Fi); and fail-safe train start-up (pantograph lift-up, computing, electronics).
Their high energy and power performance makes them ideal for the continuous, everyday use required for on-board backup on all types of modern electric trains including urban, regional and intercity transport.
Features & Benefits
- Enables optimum use of limited space to achieve significant increases in passenger carrying capacity
- Combines proven Ni-Cd reliability with sintered/PBE efficiency for a reliable backup under a broad range of tough conditions
- Easy maintenance with integrated water filling system
- Maximum performance reliability and low TCO
- Low-maintenance with a 2-year interval between water top-up
- Compact, lightweight block battery package for a major size and volume advantages (30% lighter than standard Ni-Cd batteries)
- Does not suffer from “sudden death” which can affect lead acid batteries
- Resistant to extreme temperatures of – 50°C to + 50°C
- Wide range capacities from 70 Ah to 520 Ah
MRX product brochureProduct brochure
MRX I&O SheetProduct I&O sheet
BIS Industrial Nickel-Cadmium cells, modules and battery systemsBattery Information Sheet (BIS)
Alstom Singapore’s Metropolis case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
Bombardier case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
CSR Malaysia’s new commuter trains case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
Hitachi's Class 395 case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
Hyundai Rotem Hyderabad's new Metro case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
Karlsruhe Tram-trains case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
Pendolino Finland case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
SNCF TER 2N NG case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
To ensure we can respond as efficiently as possible. Please complete this form which will be delivered to our team of experts, who will help you with your enquiry.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saft.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more