MSX, providing high power capability and cycling performance
High-power capability and high-cycling performance for railway backup and engine starting
Saft’s on-board solutions provide reliable power, reduced weight and volume of on-board components, low maintenance and improved battery efficiency to help train manufacturers and operators work more efficiently.
Saft’s MSX wide capacity range with its high power and energy capabilities provide both energy for backup applications and high power for starting diesel engines on locomotives and DMUs. These nickel-based batteries are ideal for modern electric trains such as tram-trains, trams, EMUs and high-speed trains, including the safety-critical demands of electromagnetic braking applications.
Features & Benefits
- Low-maintenance and long service life
- Optimal size of onboard battery system frees up space and offers 30% savings in weight and 40% saving in volume compared to conventional batteries
- A single MSX battery can perform both backup and engine starting functions so that two onboard systems can be replace by just one MSX system
- Proven Ni-Cd Sintered/PBE technology that last more than 15 years
- High power capability and high cycling performance
- Operate in a wide temperature range of -30°C to +50°C
- Wide range of capacities from 70 Ah to 260 Ah
MSX Product brochureProduct brochure Download (Chinese)
MSX Product brochureProduct brochure Download (English)
MSX I&O SheetProduct I&O sheet
BIS Industrial Nickel-Cadmium cells, modules and battery systemsBattery Information Sheet (BIS)
Bombardier Karlsruhe Flexity tram-trains case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
Hitachi's Class 800 series UK case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
To ensure we can respond as efficiently as possible. Please complete this form which will be delivered to our team of experts, who will help you with your enquiry.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saft.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more