Seanergy 2.0 is designed to support decarbonization and enable electric and hybrid propulsion for marine applications. The battery offers very high energy density at a reduced cost with no maintenance. The new Seanergy 2.0 battery is built using Saft’s proven lithium-ion technology for a compact, maintenance-free solution in a modular design, allowing the battery system to be adapted to each user profile. The new design optimizes the system volume, simplifying retrofit for existing vessels. Built with safety at the cornerstone, Seanergy 2.0 is designed and qualified for non-propagation. It will meet the power and energy requirements of a wide variety of marine applications such as passenger vessels, ferries, cruise liners, tugboats and yachts.
Designed to support hybrid-electric and full electric ships, the Seanergy 2.0 batteries will save fuel, CO2 and reduce greenhouse gas emissions when in use. Adding to the environmental benefits, the batteries are assembled and tested in France, one of the lowest CO2 loaded countries in the world. In addition, it is designed to meet the highest marine industry standard certifications.
Features & Benefits
- Optimized battery configuration regardless of application requirements, due to a modular architecture with standardized base elements
- No additional developmental cost and time to configure customized battery solutions
- Best energy density, reduced battery space and weight
- Easy installation by shipyard/electrical integrator
- High operational reliability over thousands of cycles
- Optimized supervision strategy through remote control/diagnostic
- Very long lifetime
- Commissioning and training support packages available
- Designed for certification with Bureau Veritas, Norwegian Maritime Authority (NMA) and Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- NMA Test 1 certification (confirms through actual testing non-propagation)
- Air cooling (no water to electronics interface)
- Exhaust vent pathway
- Nominal voltage: up to 1,060 V
- Nominal capacity: 122 Ah
- Nominal Energy (1 ESSU or Battery String): up to 112 kWh
Ballerina case study: Stockholm’s fully electric ferry powered by SaftCustomer case study Download (English)
Keolis case study: Bordeaux hybrid electric ferry provides clean and quiet river operationCustomer case study Download (English)
To ensure we can respond as efficiently as possible. Please complete this form which will be delivered to our team of experts, who will help you with your enquiry.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saft.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more