SMRX-F3, optimized for backup and starting diesel engines
Optimized for backup and starting diesel engines
SMRX-F3 battery systems deliver reliable, high-energy and backup power for critical functions such as passenger safety and comfort (lighting, door control, ventilation, communication and Wi-Fi systems) and fail-safe train start-up (pantograph lifting, computer and electronic systems).
Our cells also meet the specific needs of OEMs and railway operators for instant diesel engine starting on locomotives and DMUs. Maintenance is easy as the cell is cell housed in a transparent and flame retardant polysulfone container.
Features & Benefits
- Compact battery that offers totally reliable diesel engine starting as well as dependable backup for regular and high-energy applications
- Capable of frequent stop-start operations within a daily schedule, meeting the growing demand to reduce fuel consumption, noise and emissions
- 30% lighter and more compact than other Ni-Cd batteries, increasing passenger carrying capacity
- Delivers an exceptional return on investment thanks to very low life cycle cost (LCC), and significantly lower maintenance
- Reliability and long life of Saft’s nickel-based technology
- Proven Ni-Cd Sintered/PBE technology that last more than 15 years
- Tolerating extreme temperatures from – 50°C to + 70°C
- Capacity range from 160 Ah to 360 Ah
- High current discharges up to 8 times the capacity for up to 1 minute at - 20°C for instant diesel engine starting
- Discharges up to 5 times the capacity for 3 minutes for peak power backup
- Assembled in stainless steel crates with lifting handles
SMRX-F3 Product BrochureProduct brochure Download (English)
SMRX F3 I&O sheetProduct I&O sheet Download (English)
To ensure we can respond as efficiently as possible. Please complete this form which will be delivered to our team of experts, who will help you with your enquiry.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saft.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more