SRA, outstanding reliability for auxiliary backup in extreme temperatures
Outstanding reliability for auxiliary backup in regular and extreme temperatures
SRA is the latest in our new product development program to meet evolving customer critical function needs and keep operating costs down. SRA batteries are engineered to deliver outstanding performance and reliability to ensure the continuity of onboard auxiliary backup applications for passenger safety and fail-safe start-up systems – especially in the temperature extremes of Arctic cold or desert heat.
They are ideal for modern trains such as urban transit (metros, tramways, tram-trains, airport shuttles), regional transport (EMUs, DMUs) and intercity transport (high-speed trains, electric locomotives and passenger coaches).
Features & Benefits
- Designed to operate in regular and extreme temperatures
- In low temperatures, SRA enables a smaller battery to support the required load profile
- In higher temperatures, SRA offers superior charge efficiency, providing an increased capacity in a more compact battery solution
- Optimized electrical performance, extremely compact cells and very high energy density/lighter weight
- Fully compatible with Saft's standardized railway battery systems, with the same fast and easy maintenance procedures
- Ni-Cd reliable single cell construction
- Predictable service life of over 15 years at + 25°C (+ 77°F)
- Resistant to the shocks and vibrations encountered in railway applications
- Three versions:
- SRA standard for use between – 30˚C to + 50˚C
- SRA LT (low temperature), which delivers a great capacity at low temperatures of - 50˚C to + 40˚C; with capacity ranges from with capacity ranges from 75 to 375 Ah
- SRA HT (high temperature), which offers superior charge efficiency at high temperatures up to + 65˚C, with capacity ranges from 70 to 350 Ah
SRA Product BrochureProduct brochure Download (English)
SRA Product BrochureProduct brochure Download (Chinese)
SRA Product DatasheetProduct datasheet Download (English)
SRA I&O SheetProduct I&O sheet
BIS Industrial Nickel-Cadmium cells, modules and battery systemsBattery Information Sheet (BIS)
CAF Tallin trams case studyCustomer case study Download (English)
To ensure we can respond as efficiently as possible. Please complete this form which will be delivered to our team of experts, who will help you with your enquiry.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saft.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more