SRX, delivering high-power performance for railways
Delivering high-power performance for railways
Diesel locomotives, DMU (Diesel Multiple Units) and electric rolling stock operate in some of the world’s most punishing conditions from the cold of the Arctic to the heat of the desert.
Saft’s SRX nickel-cadmium batteries deliver guaranteed power for starting the engine – even in freezing temperatures – for emergency braking, tilting, and for raising pantographs for diesel locomotives, diesel multiple units, and electric rolling stock. Used where high current discharges are required, they can deliver short-duration, high-current discharges of up to 1 minute and up to 20 times capacity for instantaneous diesel engine starts. SRX provides also energy for backup applications.
Features & Benefits
- Ensures power is available for engine starting even at extremely low temperatures
- Flexible single-cell designs keep down overall cost and provide up to 15 years’ service life through solid construction, large electrolyte reserves and advanced plate design
- Operating temperature rangefrom - 20°C to + 50°C
- Capacity range from 22 Ah to 220 Ah (plastic) and 73 Ah to 375 Ah (steel)
- Low-maintenance: 2-year intervals between topping-up with water
- Optional water filling vents allow for quick and accurate topping-up to minimize maintenance costs
SRX product brochureProduct brochure Download (English)
SRX product datasheetProduct datasheet Download (English)
SRX I&O SheetProduct I&O sheet
SRX I&O SheetProduct I&O sheet Download (Russian)
To ensure we can respond as efficiently as possible. Please complete this form which will be delivered to our team of experts, who will help you with your enquiry.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saft.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more